Thursday, December 3, 2009

Challenges

CHALLENGES....we all have them, right? It could be a person we don't really get along with at work or in the family. It could be your kiddos at times. Challenges can come in the form of life-changing decisions or just simply do I want a Grande or a Venti or will I get out of bed and go exercise today.

I am slowly learning to embrace challenges as they come my way.....this is going to be a long process but I am trying. I like them for the most part....I tend to learn a lot about myself.....but sometimes they come at the wrong time. But when they do come your way....what do you do? How did that work for you? Did you surprise yourself? Did you fail? Did you overcome with such vengence that you don't even recognize yourself? Did you realize that you were that strong?

As part of our month long StrollerFit - Fitness Takes No Holiday Challenge I gave my clients (moms) a challenge in class. How long can you hold a perfect squat? I mean a perfect squat.....keep the chin up, shoulders back, knees in line with the ankles.....and abs pulled in. Not one of the moms showed an ounce of hesitation when I called it out. They all lined up and took the challenge....even my 32 week pregnant mom....she is a trooper!!! All of them did so well....I was so impressed but two of them blew me away.........they held that perfect squat for over 5 minutes.....yes 5 minutes plus!!! (Did I mention the challenge was done during our class....they had already been exercising) I was blown away.....I was so proud of them! They took that challenge, sat back in the squat and held their stance.....legs shaking and all! I believe that moms have challenges thrown at them everyday and sometimes we complain and sometimes we sit back on our heels and keep our chins up and hold on tight and fight our way through it....even if it is hard!
Congrats to Anna and Melissa! YOU ARE AMAZING WOMEN AND FABULOUS MOMS!

1 comment:

StrollerFit - Northbridge, MA said...

great minds think a like, we have been doing 2 challenges in class perfect wall squats and planks. I may have to steal the perfect squat from you